We must bridge the many gaps, inequalities in our society: Naidu

No Comments
We must bridge the many gaps, inequalities in our society: Naidu

The book is authored by Rajiv Suman and published by The Marginalized Publication. The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Ramdas Athawale and other dignitaries were present on the occasion. Naidu said that Ramdas Athawale has emerged as vocal leader for the emancipation
See Original Article

Chattanooga State Humanities And Fine Arts Faculty To Host Young Writers Conference

Faculty from the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts at Chattanooga State Community College are expecting a good turnout from local high school students at the annual upcoming Young Writers Conference focused on creative writing within a multitude of disciplines. It will be held in Chattanooga
See Original Article

Michael Wolff's Trump book hits #1 on Amazon, publisher speeds u – Honolulu, Hawaii news …

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — The first tell-all of the Trump presidency is out — but it's not by a former Trump aide. Instead, it's by Michael Wolff, the controversial media columnist who embedded himself inside the White House during the chaotic early months of the Trump administration. Wolff's book “Fire
See Original Article

Students slam poetry Thursday at MACA

It features creative writing students from Andy Ferguson's class at MHS, or any student who wants to share. “We are … But before taking the stage tonight, creative writing and poetry club students worked with the talents of North Carolina poet, author and teaching artist Phillip Shabazz. He hosted a series
See Original Article

Carrot Versus Stick Teaching

That said, here's how I use carrot teaching in my first-year writing courses. Students complete five graded writing assignments over the course of the semester, which together make up about 70 percent of their grade. That leaves 30 percent for what I call effort-based work — activities for which they can
See Original Article

Michael Wolff's Trump book hits #1 on Amazon, publisher speeds up rollout plan

The Guardian posted a story with some of the highlights on Wednesday morning, so now the book's publisher, Henry Holt and Company, is adjusting its rollout plan. Wolff may hit the TV interview circuit sooner than planned, so that he can capitalize on widespread interest in the reporting — and respond
See Original Article

Keorapetse Kgositsile, Earl Sweatshirt's father and South African Poet Laureate, dies at 79

Coming to the United States, he studied writing and literature at a number of universities, eventually graduating from Columbia with a Masters in Fine Arts (Creative Writing). While here, he developed a love for jazz, referencing the likes of John Coltrane, Nina Simone, and Billie Holiday in his work.
See Original Article

Earl Sweatshirt's Father, Poet Keorapetse Kgositsile, Dead at 79

Born in Johannesburg in 1938, Kgositsile began his writing career with local anti-apartheid newspaper New Age, contributing both reporting and poetry. He was also a vocal … Kgositsile then moved to the United States, earning an MFA in creative writing at Columbia University. He also released his first
See Original Article

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *